If you travel for business and do not reclaim VAT on these expenses, you are paying money that you can recover. Recovery in turn lowers travel costs and improves your bottom line.
VAT is a consumption tax that is applied to goods and services at different rates depending on the country. Often these costs can be buried in expenses and require investigation to uncover.
Be prepared to recover these costs while having a trusted partner who can help identify and reclaim the VAT can lead to a more satisfying business trip.
WHAT VAT CAN I RECLAIM?
THE PROCESSTO RECLAIM VAT?
The process for applying for VAT refunds varies depending on your country of origin and the destinations you traveled.
Applications delivery may be physical or electronic depending on destination countries.
KEEP IN MIND
- Retain original invoices/bills/receipts
- It is best if bills include your business’s name
- VAT rates vary by country
- There are deadlines for refunds to be submitted
- It typically takes 6 months to receive refunds, but can take longer if application process not done correctly
TRUST LITVIN MUIR TO:
- Timely obtain relevant documents
- Preparing refund claims accurately
- Filing and track claims
- Dealing with queries on claims
- Following up with authorities where necessary